This Code of Ethics has been adopted to promote and maintain the highest
levels of service and conduct in the building industry. Adherence to this
Code is intended to assure public confidence in the integrity and services of
We shall use our best efforts in the conduct of our business activities to:
- Abide by the bylaws, rules and procedures of the The Home Builders
and Remodelers of Central New York (HBR of CNY) which is an
association of professionals, the New York State Builders Association
(NYSBA), and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB).
- Comply with all applicable warranty laws and building codes.
- Conduct all transactions, agreements and dealings with customers,
employees, subcontractors, suppliers and regulatory officials in a
manner that is free from fraud or deception, and comply with the
requirements of the Contract Laws of the State of New York.
- Comply with all other applicable local, state and federal laws and
- Maintain insurance as may be required by law, including but not
limited to general liability and workers compensation insurance, at a
level that is adequate and customary for the business in which the
member is engaged.
- Where applicable, meet or exceed the latest edition of the Residential
Construction Performance Guidelines for professional builders and
re-modelers published by the National Association of Home Builders.
- Agree that this Code applies to all corporations, partnerships, and
other business entities in which the member or a principle of the
member has a majority interest.